Monday, September 01, 2014

First World (no) problem

About two hours ago, I stopped at a Starbucks at Squaw Valley Ski Resort near Lake Tahoe in California to drink fluids and blog. After purchasing a hot chocolate, I realized that there were no power outlets in the building to charge my dying laptop. I had to go outside and use an outlet in a flowerbed, sitting outside in the blazing sun for 25 minutes while my laptop charged. It was annoying and I got a mild headache.

Then I realized that "First World Problem" doesn't even begin to cover it. I might as well complain that I got a paper cut from Jennifer Lawrence slipping me her phone number (this hasn't happened yet, just to be clear). 

I'm having a chill afternoon in one of the most beautiful places in the world. It's amazing that I've gotten to visit once, never mind many times. One of my biggest problems is letting little aggravations cloud the view of the good things that are happening.

Don't be that way. Accentuate the positive, wherever you are. 

This blog is to remind myself as much as anyone else.

No comments: