Wednesday, January 09, 2013

I'm industrial-grade stupid

Source
This one is just baffling. I wasn't aware that we were trying to arm children to prevent rape. Are we talking about letting the little tykes pack heat on their person, or merely limiting them to holsters on their beds and sandboxes?

Also, it seems pretty stupid to portray the choice as one between guns and murder. I guess that makes sense if you think the only reason you haven't been shot to death today is because someone is afraid of the thought of your gun. I like to think basic human decency comes into the equation at some point. Or, short of that, that anyone intent on killing someone else finds it hard to procure a weapon capable of rapid, mass death.

Any place where this graphic's notion is true is not any place I want to live.

No comments: