Tuesday, November 13, 2012

This is a real thing that exists

Kind of.
This is the novel I'm writing for National Novel Writing Month. I'm halfway through writing it now, and have a solid outline for the rest of it. And, as you can see, I've found time to design a dummy cover for it. Here's the synopsis I posted to the NaNoWriMo site:

Craig Lipstate is a young big-city transplant whose life is increasingly consumed by his onetime dream job. Torn between his independence and his sanity, he decides to quit his job after a disgruntled former employee kills two of his company's executives. Faced with no real plan, Craig is forced to move back to his small hometown and confront the memories and demons of his past — while hopefully avoiding the same spiral that led his counterpart to snap.

I hope my book speaks to the current post-collegiate generation struggling to find its way in a world that changed right under its feet. Also, it has lots of funny dialogue and mockery of Facebook statuses and at least one sex scene (so far).

That's what you want.

1 comment:

GDad said...

Let us know if you publish, especially in paper, because I'll beg for a signed copy.