Wednesday, February 29, 2012

The top 10 songs ever written about this blog

(With guidelines taken from Conservapedia’s top conservative songs)

Love Will Tear Us Apart - Joy Division
The lead singer’s name is Ian Curtis.

Bush Was Right - The Right Brothers
This blog frequently noted Bush was right-wing. Also, the band and I share the same level of musical talent.

We Didn’t Start the Fire - Billy Joel
It’s a song about the world, which the blog lives in. It didn’t start the fire either.

Albuquerque - “Weird Al” Yankovic
A rambling, nearly 12-minute song with no discernible point.

Sloop John B - The Beach Boys
The beach is a nice place to read this blog.

Courtesy of the Red, White and Blue (The Angry American) - Toby Keith
I am an American who is often angry.

Tik Tok - Ke$ha
This song isn’t in favor of letting religions decide whether or not to cover contraception in its health insurance plans.

I Think We’re Alone Now - Tiffany
I think and am alone a lot too.

It’s So Hard to Say Goodbye to Yesterday - Boyz II Men
These guys have never publicly expressed support for the tea party.

I Am America - Krista Branch
At no point does Krista sing, “liberals are the devil.” (Note before posting: double-check that.)

3 comments:

GDad said...

I have to object. "I Think We're Alone Now" is properly performed by Tommy James and the Shondells.

Ian McGibboney said...

Yes, I know, but it lacks that distinct poppy mall vibe that everyone associates with me.

GDad said...

You win this round, McGibboney.