Wednesday, September 14, 2011

I have to defend the Patriots now?!!


There are two types of people in the world. Tedy Bruschis and Chad Ochocincos. And other types as well. 

I’m a Chad Ochocinco kind of guy. Goofy, funny, approachable, sometimes inappropriate, always good-natured in my humor. Also, effortlessly handsome. And not historically affiliated with winning teams. And often misunderstood by the Tedy Bruschi types. 

Tedy Bruschi types, to paraphrase Robin Williams as Patch Adams, think you have to be assholes to get things done. Well, OK, maybe not assholes, but humorless prigs. I can see how he fit in with Bill Belichick’s New England Patriots. 

Nothing pisses me off more than a winning dynasty that sees personality as a sign of weakness and a stain on one’s character. Jesus should not let teams like that win, so they know that’s not cool. But I digress. 

Even Tom Brady thinks Bruschi’s going overboard with this. After all, it’s not like Ocho did his usual dastardly field theater to draw attention to the fact that he is a sentient human being who occasionally acts sillier than the amorphous mass with whom he shares uniform colors (deep breath) — all he did this time was say his quarterback, Tom Brady, was good. And saying Tom Brady is good is about as controversial as saying education is good (while not being Rick Perry). 

I have to go with Brady here. Oh, that hurt to say. 

I don’t want my football players to not be fans. It shows they have some connection to the game they play. It shows they can give credit where it’s due and that it perhaps inspires them to be better themselves. We’re reminded all the time that pro sports is a business. But maybe money shouldn’t be the only motivator. Maybe it’s not so bad to have someone who can toss off some real awe, showing a wide-eyed passion a lot of us can only dream about. 

Beats the crap out of whatever world Bruschi lives in. His Twitter feed HAS to suck.

6 comments:

venessalewis said...

"Jesus should not let teams like that win." hahahahahaha Well,what if Tom Brady IS Jesus??! Wrap your head around that sucka.

Ian McGibboney said...

Would that make me an atheist?

venessalewis said...

:D You are coming around to Brady. I know it. If I can change, you can change. Everybody can change. ADRIAN!!!!!

Ian McGibboney said...

So when are you going to "change" into a Saints fan like you're supposed to be? OBAMA!!!!

venessalewis said...

Let's not get crazy. But between us, I secretly root for them unless they are playing one of my 2teams. ;)

Ian McGibboney said...

When they play your two teams is when I root the hardest.