Thursday, August 04, 2011

Defend to the debt our rights

It's so hard for me to blog about politics these days. Not because I don't have strong feelings, or because I worry about expressing them, but because financial austerity is both too wonky and too aggravating to warrant your typical Ian blog.

I will say that Congress is so busy cutting to the bone, they seem to have forgotten the mounds of flesh elsewhere just begging to be lanced. Now there's an Ian blog analogy for you!

Time was, when politicians used to clash over obviously one-sided issues, it involved civil rights, clean air, military involvement in dubious wars, etc. We must be getting to the short strokes when we can't muster up a better fight than over stuff like the debt ceiling that no one objected to until recently. 

So yeah, I wish there was more of a check on Wall Street influence in the White House. I'd like to see taxes raised on the wealthiest Americans because, historically, that's a big part of what's necessary for a strong economy. But that's about all I have to say. Others are making their cases far better. Anyway, I'm saving my energies for the 2012 election. That's already getting good.

2 comments:

Jason said...

Christ I can't even start to think about the election. I can feel an ulcer beginning just knowing it's upcoming.

venessalewis said...

Meh....TOTALLY my thoughts on the situation as well. Don't understand it, don't care. But I DID get my first campaign pledge card and bumper sticker from Obama 2012 today which I will dutifully fill out and donate, especially after today's convo about my guilt issues. :D