Friday, March 18, 2011

"Nothing is so boring as listening to someone describing a dream." - George Carlin

I had a dream last night that the battery on my cell phone squirted me in the eye, and it burned. When I got to a mirror, my entire right eye, socket and cheek were purple. When I pressed the flesh, it hurt like hell. My mom and sister walked in the room, but didn't react to my face. When I asked them about it, they said my face was fine. I looked in the mirror and, sure enough, everything had cleared up. And my face no longer hurt to the touch. Well, I still did have what appeared to be pinkeye, but that went away once I found myself in the bathroom at Barnes and Noble. Still, both of my eye-whites were yellowish and veiny (that was perhaps the most detailed part of the dream). Could there be a message in that?

I woke up to the jingle my cell phone makes when the battery's about to die. For a month now, the formerly long-lasting battery has tended to go from full to zero all at once. The battery itself is misshapen, probably from being dropped one too many times, and has to be held in with Scotch tape. No battery fluid has shot into my eyes like a grapefruit, but it's just a matter of time.

Sometimes dreams are literal.

1 comment:

sammilaw said...

Please don't rewrite Rule #62.