Saturday, February 05, 2011

I'm a packer this weekend

I've been keeping this on the down-low for awhile, but I might as well get it out there:

I'm moving back to Louisiana next week.

No, I don't really have a plan yet. I didn't have the luxury of mapping one out like I wanted to, but I'm hopeful nonetheless. I have a bunch of awesome friends looking out for me, sending me job ads and positive reinforcement. Not to mention my family is giving me somewhere to crash for the time being.

I'm not sure if this development is going to curb my blogging or increase it tenfold. If my past post counts are any indicators, it'll probably be tenfold.

Currently, I'm working on a list of reasons why I'm awesome. It's a long-term project. Yep.

I'm focusing my efforts on media in Baton Rouge or New Orleans. But I'll sweep floors if it means I can pursue writing on the side. Should be interesting times ahead.

And now, back to packing.

3 comments:

Jenni said...

Never forget the impact your words have on people - that's how we became friends in the first place. It's refreshing to know that there are other people in this world who share a lot of my same beliefs, but who can more articulately express them.

Things have been rough for a while and, though the circumstances are less than ideal, I feel that this is a transition for you torwards bigger and brighter things. I'll
always have your back, even being 700 miles away, so
never forget that.

I'm grateful for knowing you while in Springfield. I not only made one really great friend, but instead ended up with three best friends with you, Rhonda, and Venessa. Thank you for being the awesome person you are. Missouri is losing a bit of intelligence with this move.

venessalewis said...

AHHHHHHH WOOOOOOO EEEEEEE!!!!!! Oh Ian, welcome back buddy.....you can do this. You will do this. I'm with you. You know this. In the spirit of my recent FB post. YES YOU CAN!!!!

Anonymous said...

Did you quit, or were you part of the latest round of Gannett cuts (and yes, Gannett is quietly laying off lots of people at papers around the country).