Thursday, September 02, 2010

My train of thought while waiting at the dentist's office

Ugh how did the weather know it was Sept. 1 and after weeks of hot sun decide to flood the city man I'm soaked I could have swam across the street to get here well at least I made it on time yes I'm checking in how do you not remember me oh now you remember me when you look up cool I just have one of those faces I guess Cool "Who Can It Be Now" by Men at Work is on the stereo Men at Work is one of my favorite bands ever Who can it be now bump be be BA ba nah Who can it be now bump be be BA ba nah Oh you're loud woman why do some people just talk so loud slowly and constantly it's a deadly combination OK now you've talked at the receptionist enough now sit down ok cool you're in the other room phew bump be be BA ba nah oh no are you really calling somebody on your cell yak yak yak yak yak yak yak yak yakety yak they don't talk back apparently so LOUD and so SLOW arrrrgh that conversation couldn't wait my god he can probably hear you from where he's at without the phone I can't hear the radio anymore my left ear literally hurts and you're in the other room I'll just move away from the doorway a few chairs down Let's see what magazines they've got Vogue, Time, some chick thing, Sporting News ah Sporting News Terry Bradshaw interview wow never knew this stuff about him my god she's loud I can still hear her over the radio shut up shut up shut up How interesting can that conversation really be Hey I wrote a blog like this three years ago about my time in Chili's huh I should do that for this I blog a lot more now than I did then Good thing Jenni or someone said they really liked it Wow this is taking a really long time at least the woman stopped talking oops false alarm OK some guy left now maybe she will too ah That was an interesting entire issue of Sporting News am I early Probably That never happens Why be early for anything it just means you wait longer I hope the Novocaine doesn't hurt a whole lot and maybe this time I won't tear up my cheeks the first time I try to eat after this like last time ow I still have scars from that Wake Me Up Before You Go-Go man I just dreamed about this song last night weird Oh, she just called my name and got it right OK let's do this filling thing needles and drills This will probably be a disappointing sequel blog bump be be BA ba nah jitterbug...

4 comments:

venessalewis said...

hey, hey HEY now! I'M the one who said your Chili's blog was my favorite blog ever! Try to keep your bitches straight Ian. :)

Jenni said...

Even though I didn't do it, I'll take credit whenever and wherever I can! If it motivates Ian to write more, why not? :)

rhonda said...

i still like the spoof abortion doc profile. my favorite thing about this one is how punctuation seems to be sneaking up on you against your will :-)

the lack of troll is extreeeeemely nice, too.

Jenni said...

By the way, I've read a lot of blogs in my day. You, my friend, are never disappointing.