Thursday, October 22, 2009

It's probably time I wrote a new entry

Well, I have a new laptop now, rent be damned. A brand-spanking-new Macbook Pro. Now I understand the meaning of paranoia.

Last night I dreamed that I was at the library and had to leave my belongings for an indeterminate period of time. When I came back, both of my debit cards were missing from my wallet. I strode down the crowded hallway and bellowed, "I work at a bank. I know compliance officers and police officers and everything in between. So whoever took my cards is gonna get fucked up if they don't give them back right now!" (Remember, this is a dream. I don't work at a bank and I'm only a hard-ass on the inside.) With that, two small children toss them back to me. My Springfield card is OK, but for some reason my Lafayette card has been snipped. When I put them back in my wallet, I notice my Missouri driver's license is gone, and only my old Louisiana license is left. So I gather my things and storm back home, passing several random faces along the way who seem startled by my facial expression. When I get home and fish through my wallet again, I find the Missouri license underneath the Louisiana one. I take it out, kiss it and put it back in its rightful spot.

That dream is about the laptop, I just know it.

It's a beautiful machine. All I have to do now is reopen my home Internet connection so that I can stop these long trips to the library every day. And maybe then I can stop my four-game skid in fantasy football. And give my "fans" something new to personally attack me over.

In the meantime, I'll do everything I can to preserve my investment, including not dropping it. Note to self: if it's between the laptop and the cell phone, let the cell phone drop. It's used to it.

2 comments:

Hathor said...

Isn't the case of aluminum or high impact plastic.

Ian McGibboney said...

Yeah, but I don't want to take any chances. I've done that enough times.