Saturday, September 05, 2009

Snotty

I've been almost too sick to function this past week. And by function, I mean work rare daytime hours and entertain my visiting mom. I completely lost my voice for several days and, at one point, I couldn't sleep for more than an hour without leaping straight up to catch a breath. Did I mention that point came halfway through a 2-day, 12-hour driving spree? Well, it did. I eventually saw a doctor, who put me on - no joke - 10 pills a day. Pills are bad enough on a good day (and must they all be zeppelin-shaped?!!), but only in the past 12 hours has it not been a horrible chore to swallow. I lost as much as six pounds just from lack of eating.

Fortunately, I'm finally getting over all that, and I've got some great writing in the pipeline. The ideas have been building up in my mind to the point of discomfort, and at some point they will eventually leach out. Which, come to think of it, is exactly what's happening in the rest of my head too. Oh, I'm sorry. Too much information?

Well, get used to it. Because I'm back!

2 comments:

NOLA Progressive said...

Its good to have you back Ian! Everyone hates a head full of the crud.

musing said...

Glad to hear you're on the mend.