Friday, March 27, 2009

FAIL



This church sign, located in south Springfield, first caught my eye because of the hokey nod to "intelligent design." Then I realized that "intelligence" had too many Es and not enough Is - not the most fortunate word to misspell when claiming a direct pipeline to God's wisdom. Finally, as I uploaded the picture just now, it occurred to me that entire syllables are flipped as well. Could this actually not be a misspelling, and instead be a new Bushian malapropistic buzzword combining "integrity" with "intelligence" while showing the standard religious-right contempt towards both?

Naah. I don't know these people. They may be perfectly nice. I'll give them the benefit of the doubt and assume they're just hilariously lousy spellers.

3 comments:

rhonda said...

well, i have to hand it to them- mangled though it is, this sign does effectively capture my sentiments on intelligent design.

Ian McGibboney said...

But don't you know, Rhonda, that good spelling is the mark of elitist intellectualism?

That's what I've been told, anyway.

Stephanie Bemrose said...

Nice sign ... and it looks like they're in need of a copy editor!