Tuesday, February 24, 2009

26 things I miss about Louisiana

1) My family and friends
2) Mardi Gras - in particular, being able to see it from my street
3) Zapp's Chips (also, Golden Flake)
4) Evangeline Maid bread (also, Meche's doughnuts)
5) New Orleans
6) Saints fans
7) Butte La Rose
8) Festival International
9) Olde Tyme Grocery in Lafayette
10) Shaking my head at local newspaper columnists (I still do this)
11) The cultural diversity
12) Football games, wherever they may be
13) Cycling as an extreme sport
14) Raising Cane's
15-26) Not being cold

4 comments:

GumboFilé said...

My older daughter just moved back to Baton Rouge from State College, PA for reasons 1-3, 8, 9, 11, 12 (LSU), but especially 15-26.

David in Grand Coteau

cord said...

What, boudin's not on the list?

Ian McGibboney said...

That's a good one, but I actually don't like boudin, which led many people in Lafayette to ask me where I was from.

It is entertaining to listen to Springfieldians try to pronounce "boudin."

cord said...

Most non-LA folks here say "boo-DAN"