Monday, December 22, 2008

Speaking of oil change...

On my way to get an oil change today, I pulled up next to a beat-up old pickup truck. Its make was hard to ascertain because its gate, bumpers and brake-light molding (and I think even its mirrors) had long since been removed. Its windows had a folksy opacity, and exterior had apparently been hit too many times with the Bondo stick. Inside, an old-fashioned CB radio setup sat where side-curtain airbags reside in newer, safer cars. All the while, a man of indeterminate age wearing glasses, a bandanna and about two year's growth set the course.

Further setting this truck apart was its bevy of bumper stickers. Among them: "You've been a bad girl. Go to my room!" The famous nude-woman mudflap silhouette. "DON'T LAUGH - Your daughter might be in here!" A rebel flag.

Oh, and Calvin pissing on the name "BUSH."

The dealership was very nice about scooping out my exploded head.

2 comments:

Busplunge said...

I think I've seen that truck and have had the same reaction.

Chris said...

Make that three of us.