Monday, October 13, 2008

Clever blog title here

--I want to see Fireproof and An American Carol. But I don't want to pay for them.

--In order to watch the American Carol trailer on an official site, I had to sit through an ad first. I don't get it; aren't trailers themselves advertising? Are we headed toward a day when commercials themselves have commercials? "Get a flame-broiled Whopper for only...how much? Stay tuned to find out. And now, here's a message from Valtrex!"

--If I weren't so angry at the Republican Party for all it's done to ruin this nation for pretty much my entire lifetime, I'd pity them. They hate Obama, don't particularly care for McCain and see Sarah Palin as an icon of feminism. It must suck to be so hateful, divisive and eager to believe that a majority of Americans are terrorist sympathizers. And desperate on top of that. William Ayers? Yawn. Even Republicans who've worked with him have defended him and decried the party's effort to make him into some kind of right-hand monster. Next?

--I can't wait until Election Day. Seriously, I can't. I'm ready for this to be decided. Let me rephrase that...I'm ready for the campaigns to be over. But Obama can just keep on talking.

--Yesterday I got cut off in traffic by some jerk with an Obama sticker on the back window and...well, I'm sure he didn't mean to.

--My hometown of Lafayette, Louisiana is currently touting itself as one of the best places in the country to do business. Sounds good, until you realize that's like saying you made the best disco record of 1985.

--Did I really just see some Cajun spell "Rezko" as "Rezceaux"? And here I thought they'd run out of words to "eaux." Maybe the G-EAUX-P figured that talking point would play well in Louisiana. As if it wouldn't anyway.

--I saw a thread on Democratic Underground this morning that called out those who remain negative no matter how well things turn out. The writer said they understood the need to be cautious, but that constant negative energy is tiresome. I agree. It's one thing to address worst-case scenarios, but it's another to say, "Obama seems poised to get 100 more electoral votes than he needs, but what if the delegates change their minds on January 6?" Or, "The Saints trashed the Raiders 34-3. But they played dreadfully, because there were plenty of plays in which they didn't score at all. Reggie Bush scored two touchdowns. He's clearly not living up to his hype." Hell, I'm getting tired just thinking about it.

--The Saints played like they meant it against the Raiders. Next step: getting Morten Andersen to retire as a Saint like he's practically begging to do. Hey, if Taylor Mehlhaff doesn't work out...and even if he does...

-- And now an entry from today's guest blogger, my back: "Ow."

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

http://www.bannedinhollywood.com/condom-truck-tips-spills-load/

Tom said...

"the Republican Party for all it's done to ruin this nation for pretty much my entire lifetime"

lol, nice to see you're still a grade A moron with the political acumen of a swamp fly.

Ian McGibboney said...

And I see you're still brimming with the reasoned political commentary that made your blog so popular for so many years. How are the vampires?

Busplunge said...

Regarding the condom truck tipping over.

After I retired, I picked up some extra cash by casual driving. I made most of my trips to CA and back.

One stretch I hauled three loads of condoms to San Francisco--before you start with the funny comments, I actually went to the Oakland distribution center for the AF PX stores.

Anyhow, I liked hauling condoms, they were light and you didn't have to shift so much going up hills.

It was always funny when entering the Port of Entry at Needles, CA....the inspectors would want to know what you were hauling and where you were headed.

"Condoms to Frisco", I'd say as I passed through.

I guess you had to be there.