Saturday, August 02, 2008

I like campaign flyers that get to the point

Until yesterday, I'd never heard of Dr. Mark Stuppy. But after receiving this in the mail, I think I know everything I'll ever need to:



Nothing on this mailer outright states that Stuppy belongs to a specific political party. But the too-graphic depiction of birth, the patriotic yet staid colors and the tortured metaphors pretty much answer that question. It also refers to "wasteful spending," which is right there with "Saddam Hussein was a brutal dictator who killed his own people" and "Barack Obama threw his grandmother under the bus" in the pantheon of things Republicans mindlessly chant when nuance just won't do.

But just in case Stuppy's target audience still isn't convinced, they can flip over the card and affirm his commitment to the Ironic Circle of Life:



You know what I appreciate about politics? Candidates who aren't afraid to run on more than one issue. Versatility!

So, Missourians, get out and vote on August 5. It's a matter of life or death. Or both!

1 comment:

rhonda said...

come on. you know you got that from the onion...right? no? oh.

jesus christ on a crutch, we are so fucked.