Wednesday, February 06, 2008

Wow! My vote COUNTED for once!!!

Barack Obama wins nail-biter in Missouri!

All through the night, the major networks and even the Associated Press (the above link notwithstanding) had the Show-Me State called for Hillary. I had already sped through the five stages of grief before that call was reversed. A nifty rant had lined up in my mind within minutes.

Alas, I later heard the good news. And I groaned, because we had already devoted our front page to different results and I had to stay at work an extra half-hour to help revise.

Let it never be said that I vote strictly out of self-interest.

Oh, and "Uncommitted" came out on top among Greene County Libertarians. Buncha swingers, that group.

2 comments:

Nick said...

Seems to me most of the Libertarians would have voted in the Repub. Primary for Ron Paul.

rhonda said...

hmmm. my vote counting here...that's somewhere between a wet dream and a pipe dream.