Friday, October 19, 2007

Thanks, Louisiana!

Apparently, a whole database of FAFSA financial aid info was recently discovered missing by the state. Yes, apparently someone just left it sitting on the doughnut counter and BAM! It's gone! Just like those sunglasses I left at the video exchange while looking for Bulworth.

Because of this, they're asking everyone who's applied for financial aid in Louisiana to access this site and see if they're at potential risk for identity theft and/or fuzzy credit math. Apparently, I'm one of those names, and now it's up to me to make sure my last car isn't my last car. What's especially remarkable is that I filed a FAFSA only once, in 1998. So you repeat offenders should be even more vigilant. As Stephen Colbert might say, "That's what you get for sucking on the fat teat of government largesse just so you can scribble anti-American poetry for four years!"

And, no, this is not a scam. I checked.

But I'm sure this will all go away once Bobby Jindal parts the Red Sea of fraud with his bare hands and turns it into the white wine of integrity. I hope so. I'm still being asked for a vehicle title I surrendered more than two years ago. And now my credit may be just as lost. No wonder so many expatriates return to Louisiana; it isn't because the culture is so wonderful, but because it's slightly less of a pain in the ass to drive to the Baton Rouge Found-and-Lost from Lafayette than it is from - to use a strictly hypothetical example - Missouri. I should have learned that all those years I spent in college; after all, I was paying for the privilege in more ways than one.

Gotta love that Louisiana gov! (Dr. John should totally say that in a commercial.)

4 comments:

Leigh C. said...

I'm sorry, Ian. Seems no matter where you go, you take Looziana wit'cha...and not always in a good way.

Ugh.

Becky said...

Ugh is right. Looks like we're both affected here too.

Anonymous said...

www.protectyouridenitiyla.com

Anonymous said...

sorry I can't spell
http://protectyouridentityla.com/