Thursday, September 06, 2007

If I have to work eight hours a day...

Then the Saints should have to play more than one-and-a-half quarters of football. I want their money back!

41-10? 41-10?!! I quit watching LONG before that, and I'm your typical Saints fanatic/completely insane glutton for punishment.

Seriously, that SUCKED. The New Orleans Saints who took the field tonight were pathetic. They didn't show one sign of life after the second quarter, and flopping so miserably on national TV after such a great season only validates all the jerks who never give New Orleans (the city or the team) one ounce of respect. "They can't hang! It was a fluke after all!" It also gives the do-no-wrong-ever Indianapolis Colts one more feather in their already overstuffed cap.

I don't have faith in a lot of things, but I at least thought the Saints had changed. Tonight, nothing could have been further from the truth. And, given that I'm in Missouri and work many game nights, I may not see another Saints game all season. Maybe I shouldn't.

That's not to say that the Saints didn't have their good, even impressive, moments. It's just that none of that will matter if they can't stretch those things into a full game.

Also, we're about six years too late on that whole shut-down-Bush thing.

Sad, sad, sad.

(Note: I don't say any of this as an armchair quarterback who pretends it's easy or that I could have done better. I've played football and worked in collegiate sports. I know it's hard, exhausting and emotional. But I also know lack of heart when I see it. And I saw it in their faces tonight. And it was frightening.)

To end on a positive note, at least the Saints have the adversity they apparently need to triumph down the stretch. At least, I think that's a positive.

No comments: