Sunday, July 22, 2007

An example of God's snide side

Tammy Faye Messner dead of cancer

Immediate visceral reaction: She's dead and Jim's still kicking...huh...

Second immediate visceral reaction: I'll bet that was a hell of an embalming job...

Third immediate visceral reaction: I am so going to hell...

My favorite part of all this was Jim's statement: that Tammy Faye "lived her life like the song she sang, 'If Life Hands You a Lemon, Make Lemonade.'" I thought that was a very humble statement on his part. Or ambiguous. Not sure which.

For some reason, I always liked Tammy Faye, at least compared to her brethren. Which, I suppose, isn't saying a whole lot - like saying Reggie is my favorite Bush, except with more mascara and fewer touchdowns.

Do you suppose she and Jerry Falwell are doing something dastardly at this very moment? If there's a tornado in Branson in the next few days, we'll know who did it.

No comments: