Tuesday, March 06, 2007

How many outdated references can you spot?

While rifling through my mountains of old, unpublished stuff that I've written over the years, I came upon this list I wrote around 1995. I was 15 years old then, and a huge David Letterman fan. I also was into 80s music, just as I am now. Here's the inevitable result:

Top 10 Least Popular Records of All Time

--"Respect" -Rodney Dangerfield
--"She's a Beauty" -Jim Bakker
--"Maneater" -Lorena Bobbitt
--"Both Sides of the Story" -Lance Ito
--"Gonna Make You Sweat" -Jane Fonda
--"Day Tripper" -Marion Barry
--"Will You Marry Me Boy?" -Liz Taylor
--"Together Forever" -Zsa Zsa Gabor
--"Who Can It Be Now?" -The Three Little Pigs
--"I Need a Man" -Boy George

I have much more stuff like this lying around. Say "uncle" if it hurts too much.

No comments: