Friday, October 20, 2006

I Want A New God

(Not by Huey Lewis)

I want a new God
One that's not such a dick
One that won't destroy New Orleans
Or have a skull three feet thick

I want a new God
One that won't call for dead
One that won't only talk to kooks
Or make our states too red

One that won't make us nervous
Wondering how to boo
One that makes me feel like the world will see it through
Arab, Christian and Jew

I want a new God
One that won't kill
One that don't cause too much
Fuss over a pill

I want a new God
One that will go away
When the voices of the far right
Prattle about his divine way

One that won't make us nervous
Telling Bush what to do
One that Fred Phelps feels like but is nowhere close to
He's disowned by you
You're alone with this baby

I want a new God
One that does what he should
One that won't make us feel too bad
Just 'cause we wanna feel too good

I want a new God
One with no doubt
That the far right talks too much
And then world war breaks out

One that won't make us nervous
Telling Bush what to do
One that makes me feel like the world is not yet screwed
I'm alone with you
They're disowned by you, yeah yeah

2 comments:

Donnie McDaniel said...

That is great Ian!! Bravo!!

yournamehere said...

Hilarious! Good job.