Sunday, July 16, 2006

Sunday two-sided single

Very few people know this, but I once considered myself a songwriter (mainly between the ages of 12 and 16). I have revived that aspect of myself with two new songs. The first one has a jazzy, horn-laden rhythm, while the second has a more rockish feel. I have no musical talent, so I can only imagine how they sound in my mind. If you like them, feel free to use them...provided you pay me heavy royalties, that is :)

Driving in Louisiana

The signs all point to the same old view
Miles upon miles of the same old stew
Roll into the place where the water runs through
Wet like a blade of grass saturated with dew

Where are you? Where are you?
Did the spinning wind take you away too?
Where's the road? Where's the road?
The pavement's clear but the people are snowed

Everybody likes to take the same few roads
It kinda makes the whole thing seem really slow
Horns, middle fingers and assorted goads
As we all creep past like Mardi Gras floats

Do we need boats? Do we need boats?
The bridge up ahead barely covers the moat
The cars pile up, they fill in the gaps
And here seat belts are just meddlesome straps

It's a chaotic scene and we've taken flap
Cause about this place we never shut our yap
Corruption, incompetence, the same old crap
The road to hell is paved with tourist traps

Where are you? Where are you?
Did the spinning wind take you away too?
Take the wheel, take the wheel
The engine's flooded but the car's a steal

Get More

I want more
Than what I'm getting
So I'm going
To get more

I want to stop
All of my crying
So I'm trying
To get more (get more)

So get more (get more)
Get more (get more)
I should find a better life so
I'll get more (get more)
Get more (get more)
I should find a better life so
I'll get more (get more)

I want out
Of this rejection
So I'm expecting
To get more (get more)

I despise
Hitting a dead end
So I'm determined
To get more (get more)

I'll get more (get more)
Get more (get more)
I should find a new place where I
Can get more (get more)
Get more (get more)
Can somebody tell me where I
Can get more?

Don't tell me
That's all there is
Cause I'll get pissed
I want more!

It's not so hard
When you think about it
You think your life is good
Then it stops working out
Depression ensues
You think you're gonna die
Then you open your eyes
Start living a new life

So get more (get more)
Get more (get more)
I should find a lover who wants
To get more (get more)
Get more (get more)
I should find a new life so I
Can get more...

(c) 2006 Ian McGibboney

No comments: