Tuesday, March 29, 2005

An open note to all of my readers

Hello friends...

You might have noticed that posting lately has been sporadic. This is because pressures in my life have been taking precedence, and I have been forced to give up some of the less essential things in my life. I am afraid I have to surrender this blog. The pressures of finishing a post-collegiate degree, combined with strains on my personal life (not to mention the substandard function of Blogger and Hello), have finally coalesced in ways that leave me unable to maintain my current energy level. As I begin to look for a new job, I realize that my energies are best directed at endeavors that will serve my personal and financial security in this time of transition.

But despair not! I intend to keep this blog alive for posterity. I hate to have this forum, which I have worked so hard to build from scratch, go to waste. This past Easter weekend, as some of you already know, I visited with several of my aunts, uncles, cousins and their friends. During the course of the weekend, one of my cousins, Jacob, expressed an interest in carrying on the blog. He’s been a fan of the site ever since he discovered it by Googling our last name (he’s vain like that), and told me that if I were going to abandon it, he might as well take it over.

So why not just have him start a brand-new blog? Well, we agreed that the benefits of doing it this way include: 1) name recognition; 2) a strong and dedicated bipartisan readership; and 3) he’s lazy and won’t have to screw around with a new template. In any event, he will transfer it to a new URL as soon as he has the time. In the days that follow, you’ll probably see some awkward transition here. That’s just him experimenting. But I trust Jacob to carry on the torch just as I have. Though we haven't discussed politics much, I have no doubt that Jacob will live up to the quality that you're used to reading here. He is 26 and holds a degree in political science from Texas Christian University. Can't argue with that expertise.

On my part, I strongly encourage all of you who are still active in the blogosphere to carry on the good work that you do. I know I will continue to do my part in countering the lies and disastrous actions of those currently in power.

For what it’s worth, I want to sincerely thank all of you who took time out of your lives to dish with me here on Not Right About Anything. I hope it’s helped to bring the big picture of world events into at sharper focus. I know it’s helped me become a better writer, thinker and debater—just the skills I hope to refine in a public forum sometime and somewhere in the near future. I hope it is an experience you can all share with me. I will definitely stay in touch, commenting and chatting with you whenever I can. Rest assured that I will never disappear!

Keep cool always,
Ian McGibboney

12 comments:

Zachary said...

Miss your wit already.

Joe said...

I checked in regularly. Good luck in your bid to rule the world. I for one welcome our new McGibbon-y overlords.

I had lots of fun here. Sorry to see you go.

PusBoy said...

Dude, where's my car?

MagicalShrimp said...

Aw, crap. Sorry to see you go, but I guess unlike me, you have a life. Good luck!

sociable_solipsist said...

Call me crazy or hopeful, but for some reason this seems fishy . . .

Ian McGibboney said...

I wish it was, soc-sol. I see that jacob's already uglied up the template. He told me he's got a great column to post tomorrow. Heaven help us all!

oyster said...

I'm gonna miss your voice here Ian, but I look forward to seeing your work in other formats/forums/publications.

The very best to you, in all your pursuits.

oyster

oyster said...

I'm gonna miss your voice here Ian, but I look forward to seeing your work in other formats/forums/publications.

The very best to you, in all your pursuits.

oyster

oyster said...

I'm gonna miss your voice here Ian, but I look forward to seeing your work in other formats/forums/publications.

The very best to you, in all your pursuits.

oyster

(sorry if this repeats-- )

Anonymous said...

I'm gonna miss your voice here Ian, but I look forward to seeing your work in other formats/forums/publications.

The very best to you, in all your pursuits.

oyster

oyster said...

Please excuse the repetitions; I blame Blaw-grr.

However, my sentiment's
(unintentional) extra emphases are not undeserved in this case.

RightMakesRight said...

Ian,

Sorry to see you go. Hope you can pick up the torch again later.

Best of luck finishing the degree.

RMR