Tuesday, December 14, 2004

Not caring about anything

Some of you might wonder why I haven't been musing on political matters as frequently as I had been in the past few months or so. I suppose I could chalk it up to an increased workload at school (culminating in a horrifying and butt-kicking finals week) or the ascending relationship in which I'm currently involved. But the honest truth is that I simply don't care as much as I did a month ago.

Oh sure, I still despise the Republican Party with every fiber of my being. And the consistently continuing ignorance of the average southerner still grinds my gears on a daily basis. Not to mention that the rightward tilt of nearly the whole world has me a little concerned. But very few issues have irked me in the manner that has sparked this blog in the recent past. I realize that this apathy happens in cycles, though, so I'm not concerned with ever having to shut down this site. At least it happened when my column is on hiatus--talk about thinking optimistically!

In fact, having a life outside of political bloggery has been quite refreshing. I highly recommend it for those of you about to blow a gasket or suffer an aneurysm over what has happened in this country. After all, even the slimiest GOP operatives haven't been able to take away sunny days or the ability to have fun with someone special (yet). And a feeling of positivity can go a long way. Remember, people--as well as political parties--will eventually get what they deserve. So live happy!

4 comments:

Phillip said...

Liberal propaganda!

The Manning Report said...

I know, thats what I said.

Phillip said...

That's all you ever say.

ThomasMcCay said...

Commie iberal pinko bastard that I am, I strongly support the idea of taking the occassional break from this political crap. Did I ever tell you I really hate politics? Go figure...