Tuesday, August 31, 2004

My first-ever incoherent post

As I said before, I vow to report a little more on the Republican National Convention. That is, if I can actually force myself to watch the damn thing. I had a night class last night (a good time to have a night class, don't you think?), and I got home just in time to see John McCain dissing Michael Moore--and then, shockingly enough, Michael Moore's reaction!

1) John McCain is officially a GOP whore. For the past few years, I'd been giving him the benefit of the doubt. Hah! Now that he's pimping for the same people who screwed him sideways in 2000 by questioning his POW hell, I have no choice but to demote him.

2) How did Michael Moore get within 30 miles of the RNC? Is this some kind of morbid gesture? I had initially figured that, with protesters being herded like cattle into "free-speech zones," that Michael would have a restraining order keeping him in Flint someplace. Yet there he was, chuckling it up in a skybox in Madison Square Garden! I smell a setup. If I were Michael, I'd watch my back.

3) There are a lot of protesters in New York City. (My high school English teachers would flip in the early graves I sent them to if they saw that sentence, or even this one!)

In other headlines...

Liberalism makes you pretty

My friend Flamingo Jones investigates

Conservatism makes you ugly

Another Flamingo Jones expose

Daily Advertiser prints dumb letter

Not really news

Bush: Iraq war 'a catastrophic success'

No joke!

Well, that's all for now. Tomorrow is the big day: a brand-new Vermilion column for the Sept. 8 issue. That's where my research skills and writing style really shine, because I get paid for that. Oh, and because I have a commitment to my readers or something or other.

1 comment:

Flamingo Jones said...

Michael Moore got his press credentials for the RNC from USAToday. It's a good thing he has thick skin.

I think that McCain has allowed himself to be the newest GOP lapdog in return for the party's support for a 2008 run for the White House. I've lost an awful lot of respect for him lately.