Tuesday, August 17, 2004

Hilton Watch continues...

Sorry, phizz...it's like herpes, it just won't go away...

Hilton sisters seen on Jeopardy! Total earnings: negative $625,500

I was eating lunch at a fast-food place just now where the TV was tuned to Jeopardy! I overheard a contestant note that Ted Turner donated $1 billion to the UN. I glanced up from my newspaper just in time to see her next "answer" pop up in the form of--you guessed it--Paris and Nicky Hilton! I could barely hear the clue--she had to identify them, I think, from what might have been the same picture I posted last night. Watching a picture of the Hiltons suddenly showing up on Jeopardy!, with very little sound, gave it a Saturday Night Live-ish tone. I half-expected to see Will Ferrell, Norm MacDonald and Jimmy Fallon dishing it out on screen. I had to laugh. Man, are we a nation of increasing idiocy or what?

5 comments:

Phillip said...

i always loved norm macdonald's burt reynolds (m'name's turd ferguson)

Phillip said...

also, herpes can go away after time. i know.

Ian McGibboney said...

Herpes goes away? That's not what I've heard. I know the symptoms go away, but you never rid yourself of its presence on your privates. Still, don't we all wish?

My brother has the Jeopardy! sketch with Norm's Burt on DVD. I watch it every chance I get. I really thought it was Burt when I first saw it. The anachronism of his dark hair was the only thing that gave him away.

Phillip said...

my other fav. celebrity jeapordy contestant was jimmy fallon's adam sandler. that was redonkulously funny.

concerning herpes - i'll concede that it hasn't ACTUALLY gone away, i've just gotten into the routine of telling the females that it's gone.

Ian McGibboney said...

Dammit, man, we live in the same town! Don't pollute the pool!!