Monday, July 19, 2004

Putting the "mental" in monumental


A Bush-brained, uh, bird-brained, mistake Posted by Hello
 
The Smoking Gun reports that one of the commemorative signs along the fence of Ground Zero in New York City had an error. Actually, a serious error. Hell, a (dare I say it?) MONUMENTAL error! In short, the sign noted that the terrorist attacks happened on Sept. 11, 2002 instead of the more-popular 2001.
 
The error was noticed July 10 by a 22-year-old guy who e-mailed notice of the mistake to the Port Authority. He was apparently the first person to notice it in the TWO YEARS that the sign had been up! Horrible, just horrible. The GOP's plan to make education uncool is almost complete.
 
We're not talking some obscure grammatical error, either. It's the freaking date! And the way the Bush administration constantly reminds us of 9/11 like it's the best thing that ever happened to them (it is), surely someone would have noticed by now. Well, at least one person did. In this age of constant revisionist history, that's no small feat. 

6 comments:

Nick said...

Hey Icon...to show my non-partainship, I'm extending and ivitation for you to come party w/ me and some of my friends at my camp in Grand Isle for the Tarpon Rodeo. Let me know if you want to come. I'll pick you up if you don't want to drive. And don't worry, your ideals won't stand alone. My best friend, who is coming, his mom is pure Dem. Her dad is Kenny Bowen, our former City-Parish Pres. His whole family is voting Kerry in Nov.

Zachary said...

idiots

Nick said...

Thank you Zachary, I'm sure Icon will take your comment and suggestions seriously (hopefully he won't).

Ian McGibboney said...

Hey Nick, when is the Tarpon Rodeo? E-mail me some more info.

And yeah, I know Amanda Bowen. We were friends years back and bonded over politics. And her cousin sings with my borhter in their a capella group.

oyster said...

I think Z was commenting on the article, not Nick's kind offer.

Perhaps those "Never Forget" bumper stickers are necessary after all...

Zachary said...

Yeah, Nick. We posted at the same time and I was commenting on the 2002-ness of the monument. Sorry for the confusion!

Later,

Zachary

http://attackzacattack.blogspot.com